Wowweee, this yarn is so lovely and when we were asked if we would like to carry Manchelopi we took our time and did some research and then said YES to the YARN!
Each 'cake' or 'cheese' of Manchelopi consists of 2 strands of unspun pencil roving and is 100% Manchega wool.
This yarn is categorized as DK weight but knits anywhere from fingering to Aran depending on needle size and if you hold the yarn 1 strand or 2 strands at a time.
- 100% Wool from the Manchega Sheep
- *Yardage: 230m, 253yds
- Weight: DK/Worsted, 100 g
- *holding single 1-ply 460m/100gr // Needles: 3mm to 4.5mm
- *holding both threads 2-ply 230m/100gr // Needles: 5mm to 6.5mm
- HAND WASH IN COLD WATER and lay flat to dry!
Manchega sheep are native to Spain and while their fleece is not commonly used for knitting, Wooldreamers wanted to bring to light the wonderful properties of the Manchega wool.